Monday, June 4, 2012

FCSD

At a Friendship Circle barbecue here in S. Diego, I was in the middle of a group of kids and volunteers. Someone mentioned baseball, and I wanted to dazzle them with my vast knowledge of S. Diego sports. I asked, "Do you like the Pedros?"
As I said it, I could tell it wasn't right. The others looked at me, eyebrows raised.
"Woops. Padres, I mean," I told them, feeling foolish.


A man in his upper 30's who has some special needs was at the barbecue. He's very obese, very friendly, and very much a lady's man. I overheard him speaking to a similarly aged woman volunteer, sitting next to him. He told her, "You're very nice. If you had a younger sister, I'd like to marry her."
Interestingly, she didn't warm to his advances, and didn't offer a younger sister's phone number.