Sunday, February 5, 2012

Questions and Answers

When I was dating, my shadchan asked me to call her if I felt I was going to propose.
Baruch Hashem, that time came, and I called her up, wondering what she wanted to tell me.
She asked me, "So, how are you going to do it?"
That was a funny question, I thought.
"Um...by phrasing it in the form of a question?"


A woman called me to speak as a reference about a friend of mine. To protect identities, let's call him Yanky.
She wanted to know a little bit more about his personality, and how his friends viewed him.
She asked me, "What's the first thing that comes to mind, when Yanky enters a room?"
"What do I think when he comes in?" I repeated the question, making sure I understood. I took this question seriously, and conceptualized what I think about as I see him enter. I came up with my answer, and told her, "I think: Hey. Here's Yanky!"