Monday, November 28, 2011

If you can't take the heat

Yesterday I made a bagel for lunch. The loving and supportive husband I am, I offered to make lunch for my wife.
"Ahhh!" I screamed, and walked into the living room with a paper towel wrapped around my thumb.
"Wife," I said to her, "you're going to be upset at me."
She looked up at me from the couch. "Yossi! You burned yourself?"
Ha! "Nope!" I tell her with a smug smile, proud that I didn't meet such a low expectation. "I cut myself," I explained.

After drying my tears and regaining my cooking composure, I walked back into the kitchen. I didn't want to get a drip of blood on her bagel, so it was awkward finding a way to hold the bagel and slice it. For an instant, I considered sticking my finger through the hole, and slicing carefully... but only for an instant.

The bagel was sliced, and I went to toast it.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" I cried with alarm.
Walking into the living room again, I told my wife, "Now you're really going to be upset at me!"
Looking at me with big eyes, she asks, "You cut yourself again!!!??"
Ha! "Nope!" I say, again with a smug smile. "I burnt myself!"