Thursday, March 24, 2011

Don't drink the water

Earlier in the year, the city was doing construction on Kingston Ave, and different blocks had their water turned off at different intervals throughout the weeks.
When it was 1414's turn, I went downstairs for lunch, and sat down ready to eat.
As I looked down at my bowl of soup, I addressed the table with the following question, "If the water in the building was turned off, where did this soup come from?"
Heads lifted and faced me. Spoons were stopped midway to their intended mouths. Many eyes were now suspiciously examining the soup held in their bowls and spoons.
One boy suggested, "Maybe they filled up buckets of water before the water was turned off..."
Aftter a minute, one eltereh bochur volunteered, "Better not to think about it, and just eat."