Monday, January 10, 2011

Hollister

When I was in Yeshiva in Pittsburgh, we sometimes were given breaks for a few hours, when there was a chasuna. None of the hanahala members wanted to miss a chasuna and stay in yeshiva, so they'd tell us, "We're giving you a few hours off... Don't do anything against the rules," or something like that.
If you've ever been to Pittsburgh, you'll know that there's not much to do, especially if you've been on the Incline already.
One time some guys and I headed down to the Waterfront, which is a shopping area.
So there I was, minding my own business, and was following some guys into a Hollister store, possibly looking like this one:

There was a guy standing in front, with a clipboard, letting everyone walk by him and enter the store. He finally stopped me, and said, "Hey, are you looking for a job this summer? We're hiring."
I was planning to go to a Yeshivas Kayitz, so I told him I wasn't interested.

This story may seem trivial to you, but to my 15-year-old self, this made my week (and possibly much more, if I remember it still to this day). You see, Hollister is known to only employ really good looking staff. I could give you links to some google image pages, but guys in swimming trunks with washboard abs aren't the type of thing I link to.