Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shidduchim

A few weeks ago I went to a shliach to lein and help make a minyan. His wife told the crowd that stayed for the kiddush about the following conversation she had with her four year old son.
"Mommy, do you know any girls?"
"Well, yes, I know lots."
"No, girls my age?"
"Sure. There's Daniella, Ariella.." and she continued to list the girls that come on Shabbos and play while their parents daven.
The boy then asked something about any of the girls wanting to marry him.
"Don't worry," the shlucha told her son, "when you are ready to get married there will be a line of girls waiting for you!"
The little boy thought about it, and said, "You know, I think a circle would be better. Then I could just stand in the center and choose."

We all laughed about how precocious, and practical this little shliach was.