Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Why I'm afraid of Twitter (and why you should be, too)

I am not concerned about the ill effects Twitter could have on me. I do not worry I would become like the most popular Jewish celebrity Tweeter, G-Fish. If you recall, G-Fish felt obligated to Tweet so often, that he let his friendships wither (he didn't bother to redeem his friend Jono from slavery at a peach farm), and his parking tickets abound.
No, I am mostly concerned about you.
I know what type of Tweets I'd sooner or later be sending into cyberspace. Things like:
"Walking to 770..."
"Going to the ATM, hope I don't get mugged...."
"My foot itches..."
"I'm picking my nose..."

I'm not sure if there yet exists a term for the phobia of Twitter. I do know of the term: Anatidaephobia, which means: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you. (that's from the Gary Larson's Far Side comic, of course)