Thursday, January 28, 2010

At the lchaim

Last night I attended a Lchaim, mazal tov mazal tov.
Everyone is special, and deserves mention, but I'll point out those with a shaichus to Blogger with whom I spoke:
TRS, The Tippler, Shriki, and Jonathon were the Bloggers. Fakewood and LazyBoy were the Commenters.
The Bloggers allowed these Commenters to sit and shmooze, as equals. We are not elitist. Even though, let's face it, we don't need Commenters (proof is November '09, when I didn't have comments available, and I still blogged healthily), they are still appreciated.

Here's a quick list of some things I learned while at the lchaim:
  • A kapotah can set you back up to $900.
  • A ring can set you back Twenty Five Hundred!!
  • If you accidentally spill your mashke on your pants, others will be inclined to accidentally spill on you, as well.
  • Be careful not to compare the relationships between a chossid, mashpia, and the Rebbe to terms you learned in Bassar Bchalav, because if an aquaintance of your's is drunk, he could misunderstand you, believe you are disrespecting the Rebbe, and slap you in the face. (Notice the term 'aquaintance'. So if you've been paying attention, I've clearly outlined two distinct ways to fall from my graces. 1) Steal my name and open a Gmail account, and 2) hit me. )
  • If you're at the right place at the right time, you can get a piece of the plate they break. I'm still not sure what I'll do with it...