Sunday, November 22, 2009

The 'Bloggers Amplification Effect'

It has been proven scientifically that the more bloggers together in one room, the exponentially greater their individual powers become.

On shabbos, I broke bread with several other bloggers, some of whom I met for the first time.
I had my preconceptions about what happens when many bloggers join for one meal, but I was surprised. Here's what DID NOT happen:

  1. Not once was Dungeons and Dragons referenced.
  2. They didn't call each other by their blogger names.
  3. They didn't have a derogatory term for a non-blogger, like 'muggle' is used by wizards. They also didn't make fun of non-bloggers, and explain their silly behavior with the one word: Humans! and all laugh.
  4. They didn't speak about how they planned to rule the planet. (Although, it was only my first time. I'm not naive enough to think they would actually let me into their inner circles so early. Isn't everything only revealed at the 18th degree, anyway?)
  5. When someone at the table told a story or a Dvar Torah, a blogger who wanted to share his thoughts on that didn't first raise his hand and say, "I want to comment. Mendy says...."