Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Something magical in the air

Isn't it just the best when you are standing outside your house (or dorm) at 1:00 in the morning, and you hear strands of niggunim, wafting toward you?
You strain your ears, close your eyes, and try to pinpoint where the farbrengen is located.
Tonight wasn't too difficult to determine.
The first reason was that the singing was coming from across the street, so I knew it was from my yeshiva.
The second reason I knew where the farbrengen was was because it was announced after seder.

So I did the Bochur's Veni Vidi Vici:
I came. I had some shots. I conquered my yetzer hara.

Or instead of Truss's book "Eats, shoots, and leaves":
Drinks topples over and leaves

In Los Angeles, at the Raichik's old house, the yeshiva bochurim farbrengened there a few times throughout the year. I will always remember walking down the street, done for the night (or rather morning...), but leaving a good amount of farbrengers to continue without me. Even a few blocks away, I could hear the niggunim...!