Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Meme: my superpower

I was tagged. Thank you, altie.
Meme: my superpower
Here are the rules for this thing:
Rule number 1: Read the rules.
Rule number 2: Write one superpower you would like to have and what you would do with it.
Rule number 3: Write why you chose that super power over everything else.
Rule number 4: Tag and link 7 people, and write why you think they will have an interesting meme.
Rule number 5: fix your broken links.


First off, I have no idea what 'meme' means. But it apparently is like a blogging chain letter. I'm actually surprised that rule 4 didn't say: tag 7 people if you want to have something incredible happen...

Anyway, I already have a SuperName. Batman and Robin in Six Flags already gave me: SuperBeard. I assume a power associated with my name, would be that I could grow really long beards, to swing on, kind of like spiderman. Or to mop the floor with. Perhaps I could wiggle my chin, and soap suds would flow down from my mouth, out to the bottom of my beard.

But my name isn't superbeard. It's just yossi. I've always wanted to be able to go back in time, and take back things I've said, or to go make choices I was too nervous to make then. Or with hindsight, to make different life decisions, like camps, or yeshivas, or friendships.

I know that the rule is to only choose one, but if I had superpowers, then l'choirah I wouldn't have to abide to silly human rules. Therefore, I'm choosing a different superpower I'd like to have, whether or not I would get my first.

I think the ability to fly would be the most exhilarating, carefree, and limitless experience.
Of course, I would have to be able to fly fast, and do flips and things without my yarmulka flying off, or my shirt getting stuck up over my head (I'd keep flying into buildings, if that happened).
If I could fly, but my maximum speed was only a slow walking pace, it would be extremely lame.

I'm tagging:

mottel, because I want to know what power he'd like to have, and if it is different now that he is married, then something he may have dreamed about when he was younger. I know it will be very thought out and insightful.

C, because I want to see if her superpower would have something to do with dealing with how busy and crazy life can get.

Jewpublic, because I have read about all the hardships that came with being married and raising a family, and he's seemed to have done it all, remained sane, and not go bankrupt. I'm wondering if he doesn't even need a superpower, or if he'll reveal that he has one already.

Qtap, since I have a feeling it will be something creative or artistic.

Nemo, because it's been way too long that he's retired from blogging. I think this may be the key to bringing him back! nemo, we miss you. start posting again!

Dovid, because he is very educated, and he will surely come up with a power all of us wish we thought of.

Finally, I'm tagging Shimshy, because we are, afterall, twins. But you may have to wait for a response, since he hasn't blogged for a week or two.

And I'll add an eighth: sarabonne, because whatever she writes, she writes magnificently, and it will be fun to read about what she'd want as her power.