Friday, August 7, 2009

Put me on ice

We went ice-skating today in camp.

Oooh. I'm sorry. Should I make this into one of those posts? You know what I'm talking about. The problem, though, is that it's 3:30 AM, and I'm not really sure if I want to....

Fine you convinced me:

So there, I was, minding my own business, trying to ice-skate. Now, it's not that I've never gone ice-skating before. I have. It's just that I don't think humans were meant to be placed on ice in tight tight tight shoes that still feel like your ankles could snap, and try as hard as you can to move around to the same place you started from, without falling and making your elbows bleed and palms sting.
Anyway, I was skating, and my ankles were killing, and I was trying to help my campers from falling and slipping, and cutting themselves up on the sharp skates.
Oh, and by the way, why do they have to make the skates so hard to tie up? I had to tie the skates on all my campers, and twice!!
So back to my story. I was skating, holding hands with a camper of mine, helping him out.
Out of nowhere-Phoosh!! (Didn't know that was a sound? Neither did I...) and he fell down.
There were two things that could have happened next. Either I could have continued to slowly glide forward, and slice up my cute kid's little fingers. Or, I could quickly pull out my legs and fall onto my knees.
I chose the first one, knowing that an EMT was nearby anyway.
Luckily, the blade from my skate didn't go all the way through....

Okay, are you really believing this?
Gosh, didn't I just tell you that it's 3:30 in the morning? Well, now it's 3:40. Great.
The real story is that I fell onto my knees. So that was the only fall I had the whole day. Was it technically a fall? Yes. Does it count as 'falling while going ice-skating'? I should think not.

Anyway, I've been saying anyway too many times, if you haven't noticed.
Gut Nacht!