Friday, June 26, 2009

Sw*** Flu

I flew a red-eye last night/this morning to JFK.
First of all, I had an exit row, so more legroom. But it didn't recline.
Then, the person in the middle seat was gigantic! He needed a seat belt extension, even. So I was squished into my little window seat.
I cannot fall asleep on planes, unless I'm dead tired. I thought I'd at least try.
I asked the flight attendant for a blanket.
"Sorry," she said, smiling, "but because of the swine flu, we're not giving them out."
I was taken aback. The smile was confusing. "Are you joking?" I asked.
"No. We really don't have any blankets," she said, still smiling.
A woman a few seats above me sighed and said, "So probably that means no pillows, also."
"That's right," the flight attendant shrugged, still smiling.
"Wow. Swine flu. I'm surprised you kept the seats," I told her.

I'm going to add more prayers for our president Obama to be able to find the cure to swine flu.