Friday, June 12, 2009

Slug or Spider?

I'm not sure which one I'd rather be compared to.

Allow myself to explain myself.

I have different belongings scattered across the United States.
Some clothes and seforim are in New York.
A lot of my stuff is here with me in Los Angeles.
Some stuff is at home, plus lots of sforim.
Now I also have stuff in Berkeley, for various reasons.

So here is my question- slug or spider?

On the one hand, I feel like a slug. You know, like those big, gross, ugly, cartoonish ones that leaves his sluggy goo wherever he crawls along. So that's me-leaving a trail wherever I've lived, been in Yeshiva, etc.
......Or, I'm like a spider, with its eight legs spread far apart, so too, I've got my legs touching lots of places.

Either way, I feel pulled and stretched. If I had everything with me in one place, first of all, I'd have no room. Second of all, I think I'd feel more at ease. Everything would be Kolul B'ma'or.