Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mr. Sun please shine down on me...

I participated this morning in the Birkas HaChama prayer. It was raining and cloudy, but the sun made an appearance for exactly enough time for us to do what we needed.
I saw pictures from Crown Heights that the sun there also refused to come out. I heard that at the end, they started singing Yechi, and the sun came out.
Now...you can look at that in two ways. Obviously most people there would tell you it was the power of Yechi....
But it could be that the Heavenly Hosts started hearing Yechi, and they said, "Guys, we gotta shut them up. Just show the sun already..."

You choose.

Before birkas hachama here, I made a Siyum for the Fast of the Firstborn.
Since unofficially this is supposed to be a 'funny blog', I've been trying to think of some good Siyum jokes, but truth be told, I don't even know any bad Siyum jokes. I don't know any Siyum jokes at all.
Unless, of course, you can count the "Now you see'um, now ya' don't..." as a joke, but it's not one in my mind...
If you have any ideas, I'm a good listener (remember?).