Sunday, January 25, 2009

When you come across water

I forgot to fill you guys in a while ago on one of my favorite HaYom Yom's when it came up again this year. (I don't have it in front of me, so I could be a shtickel mistaken.):

The Rebbe writes in Hayom Yom that the Freidiker Rebbe met someone carrying water, and said, that the Baal Shem Tov said that when you come across water you should say that the Ba'al Shem Tov said that water is a Siman Bracha.

It's one of my favorites. Along with some other really great ones. Some we had recently, actually. Like about two people getting together, with just one Yetzer Hara but two Yetzer Tov's...

And I may be biased, but the Hayom Yom for my birthday has gotta be one of the most powerful ones....

And here's a cool tidbit of knowledge that most people don't know:
The Rebbe actually started writing another Hayom Yom, well actually different entries that he would later put into the calendar as a new Hayom Yom, for the next year. In the old Chitas's you can find that they printed the first 40 new ones that the Rebbe had started writing, but then stopped.