Monday, January 19, 2009

Guest Post- Painting tip #1

I'm trying out a guest writer. This is the first time. I take no responsibility in what he/she says.

Am I ready to paint my dining room?
I can't believe my friend even asked me. Me? How much do I know about someone being ready to paint? But then I thought about it, and decided that I might indeed be able to help her out.
To decide whether you are ready or not, we first must discuss what it actually means to paint. On the one hand, you need a solid, firm, steadfast wall that will not crumble when pushed or hammered. And then the paint of course must have the proper consistency, be the right color you want, cater to the needs of the room. And then of course there is the combining of them both. You must do it in a way that will not get you painted and dirty, or any of the other furniture. If you think you actually have these things, then yes, I would say that's a big step to deciding that you are ready to paint.
And I know it's corny, but once we're speaking about painting, I have to throw it that famous joke:
What's black and white and red all over?


(The best compliment is a parody.) (Right?)