Monday, August 18, 2008

Finished with camp

That's right. Sadly, I'm done with CGI manalapan. It was a really awesome summer, and I'm already thinking of going back. And if you live in manalapan, freehold, deal, long branch, east brunswick, alberon, edison, marlboro or anywhere else nearby, make sure to send your kids there next summer!!

Wii update: I played Wii only once. It was in Six Flags. It was for two minutes. I had to shoot down some floating boxes or something, and it was pretty lame, actually. Still, the curse is broken. I got my Wii.

On the last day of camp, some campers were crying, including one from my bunk. I felt so sad for him, and proud at the same time, that I had that good of an impression on him and made camp that much fun. I found out later that he was just upset that he didn't win a raffle for tickets to a baseball game...

It was really funny. I was shooting some hoops with a camper of mine who lived in Lakewood, and there were a whole bunch of kids watching us (they probably don't see many Lubavitchers often). Being the nice guy I am, and a camp counselor, I held the ball out and smiled towards the kids watching. I asked this six or seven year old girl, "Hey, do you guys wanna play, too?" At which she just stood there shocked, eyes wide open, jaw to the ground. My co-counselor Yudi whispered to me quickly, "Yossi! We can't do that! We're in Lakewood, remember!?"
Oh, right.

I made a tie-dye shirt in camp, which came out pretty much pink and purple, and I wrote on it in big letters: I "heart" (meaning the shape) Hashem.
I wore it around in a WalMart outside of Lakewood, and everybody was staring at me. The Jewish people would all glance, and then do the double-take, and quickly look away, as if I didn't know exactly what they were doing, and there were some workers in the store that I heard talk about me as they passed: "I love Hasheem?!!" I am afraid to think who they thought Hasheem may be, and why I professed my love to him on my shirt.