Thursday, February 14, 2008

I've Finally Done It!

After almost two years of being elgible, I've finally achieved it. I have received something most only dream and fantasize about. I received my first jury summons!!!
Isn't that so cool?
I mean, I think every single person has at least once envisioned what it would be like to be in a sequesterned jury (that's the term, right?) for a three week highly publicized murder trial, and everyone is saying one thing, and you're there fighting for what you believe is truly the right decision of his guilt...
Or maybe you haven't thought about it.
But I can tell that you're still jealous of me. I'll be doing it when I'm home for Pesach, G-d willing, since I'm too busy in yeshiva learning and updating my blog.

Oh, and don't expect me to tell you during the trial about what's happening. I take these things very seriously. The pamphlet they sent said something like: to serve and to... well I can't remember now, but it made it sound very cool and very patriotic.