Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Shabbaton To Buffalo, Part 2

We went skiing on Friday morning. The whole time we stayed at the Jewish Discovery Center. It wasn't Chabad. It was a mushroom. Or, more precisely, the rabbi was a mushroom. If you are confused, I'm planning to discuss this later in a future post.
Some guys were really upset, and actually slept somewhere else.
Anyway, it was a nice shabbos, and Motzei Shabbos we couldn't go bowling, for whatever reason, so we just stayed in and had pizza and dancing (one guy was really good at the keyboard, and brought all his equipment.)
Before the dancing, I went with a few friends down the street to the strip mall, which had grocery store and hair salons, and stuff. There was a dollar store, where I had some fun in. We went in, and I asked the girl working there how much everything was. To my utter astonishment, she informed me that everything was a dollar, and there was another room with more expensive items. We ended up buying balloons, streamers, and party hats for the dancing later that night. Before we left, though, I saw that since we had walked through all the snow, we left dirty tracks throughout the whole store.
I couldn't let that happen.
So I grabbed a mop I saw and started shooing everyone out of the way, and I made a big deal about cleaning up after ourselves. It was so funny. I mopped the whole store, and the girl at the desk kept complaining to me that I didn't have to, and she would later. Then of course, as we were leaving, another yeshiva guy walked in, and started leaving tracks on the now spotlessly clean floor. Did I yell at him. And he thought I was really serious! Ha, ha.
Anyway, sunday morning we went to Niagara Falls, but only to the American side. Now we beat Canada in every single thing. Except for the falls. Our side sucks. I had brought my passport, but since most guys didn't, I couldn't just leave the group. But it was really nice, with snow everywhere, on the trees, and in the water. We saw parts of the falls actually frozen. It was pretty cool.
On the way back, we stopped to have dinner at the Chabad House in Rochester, NY.
Guess what kind of soup we got? Mushroom barley. A day late.